This page talks about inline hockey activities at Rollerway. Some general information, a selection of hockey posts and blog items, and fixture links to our various leagues. (Subject to COVID-19 restrictions)
For now, it’s all about getting back to it – safely! Remember, things may change quickly. Hockey ticket link appears below.
Restrictions & hockey
We are so looking forward to a return to full contact adult & junior hockey from 23 November!
All leagues and all training sessions return to near-normal. One catch: no spectators, and supervising parents/carers may only attend, if essential. Everyone needs a ticket (including a free parent/supervisor ticket) to gain entry. CLICK FOR TICKETS
From Tuesday, 3 November, through to Thursday 19 November, we will have limited under 18 no contact hockey activities, as previously advised in our “Hockey Community” page.
As always, please check back here and IIHAA Facebook page for updates.
- Please avoid sending texts, emails, Facebook messages, and the like
- Please review the available information and then ring if you need further info
Please call 0411 33 55 44 if urgent.
Stay safe, do the right thing, and we look forward to seeing you all soon!
|COVID-Safe Hockey (Currently for U18’s. Rules expected to change after 23 Nov.)|
Restrictions on the use of rental protective equipment apply for now, particularly for scrimmages.
Until after 23 Nov., we WILL be enforcing much stricter measures to ensure NO CONTACT, including “accidental & random or fleeting contact” especially for 19 year olds and older. We DO NOT accept the “basketball” definition of jostling, and you must keep over a stick’s distance from your opponent. Penalties or expulsion from training may apply for even minor breaches. NB WE CURRENTLY HAVE THE “DOUBLE STICK” RULE for a 3m space between players on-rink, NOT 1.5m!!
Rules & conditions may change without notice.
Roller Hockey Special COVID-19 Procedures
Applicable until “The Next Step” – 23 Nov.
OTHER SPECIAL PROCEDURES
- Please do not arrive more than 15 minutes prior to your scrimmage time, and ENTER VIA THE REAR ENTRANCE, through the car park, into the training rink area – you may sign in at the second (new) kiosk
- Try to arrive fully dressed if possible AND SAFE to do so – obviously does NOT include skates!
- With the Senior leagues, no spectators (only ONE supervising parent if the player is under 18)
- Scrimmages are NON-CONTACT for over 18’s following the Chief Medical Officer’s edict
- With the Junior/Intermediate leagues, avoid spectating or a max of ONE supervising parent per player/family
- Once the previous group has left, please take your gear with you, as you proceed to the rink and prepare to commence your practice. (other details TBA)
- At the completion of your time, please clear the rink immediately, and proceed to the main kiosk (cafe) area, to remove your skates, AND THEN PLEASE LEAVE THE BUILDING ASAP – do not go back into the training rink area, and do not mingle with players from the next/previous practice – no exceptions (other details TBA)
COVID-19 Basics: Please maintain social distancing and good hygiene at all times. Maximum numbers per building/area applies to all activities, indoors and outdoors.